Only the primary presenter is allowed a free day pass for the day of the presentation. Corresponding authors will not be given a free day pass. If needed, they can attend the conference & present alongside the primary presenter by registering as an Author.
The User/Designer Track invites submissions from hardware designers and software developers in industry detailing their design experiences and sharing the benefits and challenges of different design methodologies, tools, design flows, and best practices. In contrast to the Regular Track (where the focus is on state-of-the-art research papers), the User/Designer Track focuses on cutting-edge design implementation/development issues and provides an excellent opportunity for interaction and networking between designers, tool developers, and end users.
The User/Designer Track includes six broad topic areas: Front-end Digital Design, Back-end Digital Design, Analog/Mixed-Signal/RF Design, CAD/EDA tools, Embedded Systems Hardware, and Embedded Systems Software. Submissions may target any level of design abstraction and may either be problem-specific in scope (e.g., hardware/software based architecture exploration) or may address a specific application domain (e.g., designing connected devices). In keeping with the theme of the conference, submissions that are related to technologies for a secure and connected world are particularly encouraged.
Submissions may be accepted as either oral presentations (15-minute talk at the conference) or as posters. Accepted submissions do not require a full-length paper as they will not appear in the conference proceedings.
User / Designer Track proposal submission guidelines:
Submissions should be in PDF format, limited to a maximum of 2 A4-sized pages (single-spaced, 10 point font or larger), and should contain the following information:
- Name, affiliation, and email addresses of all the authors
- A brief biographical sketch of each author
- Category of submission (one of the following: Front-end Digital Design, Back-end Digital design, Analog/Mixed-Signal/RF Design, CAD/EDA Tools, Embedded Systems Hardware, Embedded Systems Software)
- An introduction to the problem that the contribution addresses and aims to solve
- A description of the specific contribution itself (practical aspects, techniques that work and don’t work).
- A summary of Results/Impact
- References, if appropriate
Conference Presentation Details:
- If accepted for Oral presentation, the final presentation submission should be in PowerPoint format
- Total presentation time will be 15 minutes including Q&A (12 minutes talk + 3 minutes Q&A)
- If accepted for postal presentation, details of poster submission will be conveyed to the authors by email
Submission Site: https://www.softconf.com/g/vlsid2017_user/
Extended abstract submissiondue:31st October 2016*
Notification of Acceptancedue:25th November 2016
Posters & Presentation submissiondue:15th December 2016
*Time Due 11:59 PM Anywhere on earth time zone (UTC -12)