Only the primary presenter is allowed a free day pass for the day of the presentation. Corresponding authors will not be given a free day pass. If needed, they can attend the conference & present alongside the primary presenter by registering as an Author.
The VLSID 2017 Organizing Committee invite tutorial proposals for the 30th International Conference on VLSI Design and 16th International Conference on Embedded Systems (VLSID 2017), to be held in Hyderabad, India, from January 7th – 11th, 2017.
Tutorials are an integral part of VLSI Design Conferences where the experts have the opportunity to share their expertise on a specific field/research with fellow researchers and those who wish to discover said field/research. We are soliciting proposals for half-day and full-day tutorials that present current topics in VLSI Design and Embedded Systems, related research & development, considering both academic and industry interests. These topics may be established or they may be emerging – and with profound and/or new insights thereto, that is best articulated by means of an oral presentation. Most importantly, tutorials should be interesting with lively interactions with the attendees.
Proposals for tutorials are invited on the topics related to the following tracks (not limited to):
- Design Methodology and Technology: System-level Design, Advances in Digital Design, Analog / Mixed-Signal / RF Design, Power Aware Design, Technology / Devices / Circuits, Emerging Technologies.
- Design Tools and EDA: Design Verification, Test Reliability and Fault-Tolerance, Computer-Aided Design (CAD).
- Embedded System Design and Tools: Embedded Systems Hardware, Embedded Systems Software, FPGA Design and Reconfigurable Systems, Wireless Systems, IoE Topics related to embedded systems.
- Technologies for A Secure and Connected World: Technologies for Healthcare Applications, Technologies for Smart Management of Energy Systems, Technologies for Intelligent and Secure Transportation Systems, Technologies for Safety Assurance of Embedded Circuits and Systems, Technologies for Secure Embedded Circuits and Systems, IoE topics.
- All presenters listed in the tutorial proposal must be available for tutorial presentation.
- Consent should be obtained from all the presenters and all organizations involved in presenting the material and also for travel before making the tutorial proposal.
- The honorarium for the tutorial presenters will be determined at a later tie and hence presenters should keep this in mind while planning for travel to the conference.
- All material from individual presenters must be combined into a single tutorial presentation, as per the presentation guidelines (to be communicated at the time of acceptance).
- Accepted tutorial abstracts will be published in conference proceedings and in IEEEXplore.
Tutorial Proposal Guidelines:
Tutorial proposals can be submitted either as full day tutorial or half day tutorial, through the conference website by the due date in the required format. Full day tutorials will be six hours and half day tutorials will be three hours. All tutorial proposals will undergo a peer review process.
Please submit the tutorial proposal in PDF format with the following details:
- Tutorial title and short summary (about 200 words).
- Indicate if the tutorial is for Full fay of Half day.
- Name, affiliation and contact details of the co-ordinating presenter and all other co-presenters.
- The targeted audience and prerequisites (about 50 words) · Keywords from those listed in the topics above, or otherwise.
- Tutorial program, with a list of topics covered, a short description of each topic and the approximate time devoted to each topic (about 2000 words)
tutorial abstract submissiondue:15th September 2016*
tutorial proposal submissiondue:30th september 2016*
acceptance notificationdue:2nd october 2016
presentation slidesdue:5th november 2016
- *Time Due 11:59 PM Anywhere on earth time zone (UTC -12)